Being active is good for all of us but is especially important for people with diabetes. Physical activity, combined with healthy eating and any insulin or diabetes medication that you might be taking, will help you to manage your diabetes and prevent long-term diabetes complications.
- Everyday fitness
- Activity made easy…
Being more physically active often conjures up images of gym memberships, long-distance runs and aerobics in a leotard, yet this need not be the case. The great news is that you can become more active by making small changes to your lifestyle.
This section of the website offers you a chance to think about:
- why being more active should be important to you
- what might be getting in the way of you taking the plunge
- changes you can make to your daily routine.
- …Plus info for the seriously sporty
- There is also information for the more serious sports people amongst you.
Don’t be afraid to ask
If you have any concerns at all about becoming more active, never be afraid to ask for advice – your diabetes team is there to help.
Start with your daily routine, but do things in a more energetic way